Ham, Cheese and Corn Hand Pies
This flavour combo is usually a winner, even with the fussy eaters! These delicious little one handed pies are perfect for dinner but also great for lunch. Make a batch and freeze for easy weeknight dinners and lunchbox fillers.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Sooo good. We loved them. Easy, delicious pies that are delicious warm or cold, so would be perfect for school lunchboxes." - Kate
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Egg
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
Makes approx. 28 pies
Can be frozen
- shortcrust pastry - 7 sheets, or puff pastry
- cheddar cheese - 200g
- spring onion - 3, roughly chopped
- ham - 300g piece, smoked, diced
- corn - 125g tin, creamed
- corn - 200g, kernels
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp
- egg - 1, lightly beaten (*can omit or use milk for EF)
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut 4 circles from each sheet of pastry (7 sheets in total) with a circle cutter or small bowl.
- Add the cheddar cheese (200g), chopped spring onions (3) and diced ham (300g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds.
- Add the creamed corn (125g tin), corn kernels (200g), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix on Reverse+Speed 3 until combined.
- Place a dessertspoonful of mixture onto half of each pastry circle. Fold one side over and seal with a fork.
- Place each pie onto the prepared tray and brush with beaten egg (1) or some milk.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve immediately.
Make your own!
*Make your own puff pastry with the Rough Puff Pastry recipe from The Freezer Issue, the Puff Pastry recipe from The 5 Ingredients Issue or the Iced Puff Pastry recipe from The Easter Subscriber Bonus Issue.