Ham and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
For a tasty snack with extra nutrition from the mushrooms, give this a try! Packed with tasty cheese and ham, you may find these become a new favourite snack (or dinner!) Fill smaller mushrooms for a tasty finger food option at your next party. In this recipe, we give you the choice of more cooked and more raw options – it's totally up to your preference!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A really nice mix of mushroom and crunchy tasty topping. This could be served up by itself as a meal with some fresh green salad, as it is so filling." - Kylie
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 10-15 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- mushrooms - 4, large , stalks removed (or smaller mushrooms as a finger food)
- spring onion - 2, roughly chopped
- garlic clove - 1, small, peeled
- cheddar cheese - 150g, cubed
- bread - 2 slices, day old
- ham - 200g, diced
- Optional: If you would like to, you can place the mushrooms (4) upside down under a grill while preparing the stuffing so they are softer and cooked through more upon serving.
- Place spring onion (2), garlic clove (1), cheese (150g) and bread (2 slices) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 6 seconds. Scrape down sides. Set aside a third of the mixture.
- Add diced ham (200g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 4 seconds.
- Scoop mixture onto mushrooms (4). Top with a little of the set aside breadcrumb mixture.
- Place under a hot grill for 5-15 minutes, until cheese is melted to your preferred level.