- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Serving: Serves more than 10
Ham and Cheese “Sausage Ball” Bites
We know how much kiddies love a sausage roll – we do too! We love to play with flavours and use popular ingredients in different ways. These ham and cheese bites really hit the spot! They are great for a light dinner and are excellent for lunchboxes the next day.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “These were so delicious to make. While fiddly to deal with, they were so worthwhile! The amount the mixture makes would make it ideal for entertaining." - Kirsty
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
Can be frozen
- puff pastry - 4 sheets
- egg - 1, lightly beaten
- cheese - 300g, cubed
- spring onion - 4, roughly chopped
- fresh parsley - 2 Tbsp
- ham - 300g
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the cubed cheese (300g), chopped spring onions (4), fresh parsley (2 Tbsp) and ham (300g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 6 seconds.
- Place the sheets of puff pastry (4) onto the bench. Slice each in half to form 8 rectangles in total.
- Add the mixture down the centre of each rectangle, as you would for a traditional sausage roll.
- Fold the edges of each sheet in towards the middle and overlap them slightly. Slice into 4-6 small pieces. Place each piece onto the baking tray.
- Repeat for the remaining pastry rectangles.
- Brush each bite with beaten egg (1).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve immediately.
Make your own!
*Make your own puff pastry with the Rough Puff Pastry recipe from The Freezer Issue, the Puff Pastry recipe from The 5 Ingredients Issue or the Iced Puff Pastry recipe from The Easter Bonus Issue.