Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
A quick and easy snack that will feed a crowd. This will become your new go-to picnic recipe. We love these in lunchboxes or as an afternoon tea snack. Vary the fillings to suit your tastes. Shredded leftover chicken also works really well in this recipe as an alternative to the ham.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A really easy and tasty recipe that turns out cute little pinwheels that are totally portable and would be perfect for a picnic, party or school lunchbox." - Nadia
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Total Preparation Time 20 minutes
Makes 40-50 pinwheels
Cannot be frozen
- cream cheese - 250g
- spring onions - 2, roughly chopped
- fresh basil - 1/2 bunch, stalks removed
- mountain bread - 5 slices (*can use GF wraps; make your own with the Spinach Wraps or Gluten Free Wraps recipes from The Lunchbox Issue, the Breakfast Wraps recipe from The Breakfast Issue or the Flexible Grain Free Wraps recipe from The Packed Lunch Issue)
- ham - 200g, sliced, or meat of choice
- spinach - 50g, leaves
- Place cream cheese (250g), spring onions (2) and basil (1/2 bunch) into bowl. Mix on Speed 8 until smooth. You may need to stop and scrape down sides, then continue.
- Spread over mountain bread (5 slices) and top with ham (40g on each slice) and spinach leaves (10g on each slice).
- Roll up lengthways and slice into 8-10 small rounds.