Ham and Cheese Pasta Salad
The Creamy Pasta Salad from The Picnic Issue is still one of our most popular pasta salads to date... but we think this recipe may be a rival for it For a vegetarian pasta salad, simply omit the ham. You could also add any extra veggies you may have on hand.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “My new favourite salad! The creamy and tangy dressing is full of flavour. This would make a great ‘plate’ to take along to a BBQ." - Kristen
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Egg
Preparation Time 15 minutes + 1-2 hours chilling time
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- pasta - 400g, dried small pasta shells (can use GF)
- onions - 4, spring, roughly chopped
- cheddar cheese - 100g, sharp
- mayonnaise - 120g, whole egg (can use EF)
- sour cream - 50g
- mustard - 2 tsp, Dijon
- celery - 2, stalks, finely diced
- capsicum - 1, green, finely diced
- ham - 200g piece, off the bone, finely diced
- fresh parsley - 2 Tbsp. chopped
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, cracked
- Cook the pasta (400g) according to packet directions. Drain well and set aside.
- Add the chopped spring onions (4) and cheese (100g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the mayonnaise (120g), sour cream (50g), Dijon mustard (2 tsp), diced celery stalks (2), diced capsicum (1), diced ham (200g), fresh chopped parsley (2 Tbsp), salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix on Reverse+Speed 3 until combined.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and stir to combine.
- Allow to sit for several hours to allow flavours to develop.
- Stir once again before serving.