Ham and Cauliflower Alfredo Macaroni
This is a healthier twist on traditional alfredo pasta by Shanai from Kids Eat by Shanai. The addition of cauliflower in the sauce really adds to the nutritional value of this recipe. It's easy to make, and can be ready in less than 30 minutes!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This is such an easy recipe to make, and it was enjoyed by everyone. Even the toddler loved being able to feed herself using her fork! Definitely a winner for us." - Anita
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 7 minutes
Cooking Time 22 minutes
Can be frozen
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- butter - 10g
- cauliflower - 250g, florets
- water - 200g
- pasta - 250g, macaroni (*can use GF)
- ham - 200g, sliced finely
- cheese - grated, optional, to serve
- If you need to grate your own cheese, add cubed cheese to the bowl and grate Speed 7 / 5-10 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the peeled garlic clove (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the butter (10g) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 1.
- Add the cauliflower florets (250g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 15 seconds.
- Add water (200g) to the bowl. Program 20 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add salt and pepper to the bowl. Insert the whisk attachment. Mash Speed 3 / 3 seconds.
- Cook the pasta (250g) according to packet instructions. Drain once cooked.
- Combine the pasta with the sauce and sliced ham (250g), then divide into serving bowls.
- Serve topped with grated cheese if desired.