- Prep Time: 20 minutes
Haloumi Zucchini Fritters
Oh boy oh boy did we get excited when we finally got these tasty fritters right. Haloumi can be so very yummy... but we think the combination of haloumi, lemon, mint and zucchini is very VERY yummy. We think that you are going to love these fritters. To get the time down we recommend you have them cooking on two frying pans at once.
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 20 minutes
Makes 12 fritters
Can be frozen
- zucchini - 300g, in chunks
- lemon - 1, small, zest only
- spring onions - 2
- fresh mint - handful
- haloumi - 250g, in chunks
- plain flour - 1 heaped Tbsp, we used potato starch
- eggs - 2
- oil - for frying
- Preheat oven to 120C.
- Add zucchini (300g) to the bowl. Speed 5 / 2 seconds.
- Tip zucchini into the clean dry tea towel and squeeze the liquid out of the zucchini. Leave to drain.
- Heat frypans and some oil over medium heat.
- Add lemon zest (1), spring onions (2) and mint (handful) to the bowl. Process Speed 7 / 7 seconds.
- Add haloumi (250g) to the bowl. Closed Lid / Turbo / 1 x 1 second blast.
- Add drained zucchini, flour (1 heaped Tbsp) and eggs (2) to the bowl. Reverse+Speed 4-5 / 20 seconds.
- Put a dollops of mixture (approx. dessertspoon sized) over the pans, and press down with the back of the spoons.
- Once you have covered the surface of your frypans, set the timer for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, flip the fritters and reset the timer for 2 minutes.
- Once cooked, transfer to the oven on a baking tray.
- Repeat steps 6-8 with remaining mixture.