Grilled Veggie Kebabs with Avocado Dressing
A quick and easy vegetarian meal that takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish. What more could we want?
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I have had veg kebabs before, but the avocado sauce takes it to the next level. Would be a fabulous addition to your standard BBQ for vegetarians and meat eaters alike. My husband had it with his 47 Minute Steak (from The Easy Issue). Thanks for another tasty recipe!" - Terri
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 6 minutes
Makes 12 skewers
Cannot be frozen
- eggplant - 1, large, diced
- zucchinis - 2, cut into rounds
- mushrooms - 24, button, small
- olive oil - 2 Tbsp
- dried tarragon - 1.5 tsp, or thyme leaves
- avocados - 2, stones removed and peeled
- tahini paste - 2 Tbsp (*ensure GF if required; can make your own with the Tahini Paste recipe in The Tea Party Issue)
- coconut aminos - 1.5 Tbsp
- fresh basil - 5 leaves
- salt - pinch
- pepper - pinch
- water - 100g
- Soak 12 wooden skewers in cold water.
- Thread the eggplant (1), zucchinis (2) and mushrooms (24) onto the skewers in your preferred order.
- Brush each skewer with oil (2 Tbsp) and sprinkle over the tarragon (1.5 tsp), salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill kebabs over medium heat on the BBQ or grill plate. Cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- Add avocados (2), tahini (2 Tbsp), coconut aminos (1.5 Tbsp), basil leaves (5), salt (pinch) and pepper (pinch) to the bowl. Blend Speed 7 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add some of the water to thin out your dressing to the desired consistency. This will vary from person to person. Continue to add water and mix on Speed 7 until desired consistency is achieved.
- Serve the skewers with the dressing.