Grilled Tikka Tofu and Vegetable Kebabs
A great vegetarian option for your next gathering. These are full of flavour, yet they're so easy to whip up! Team these up with the equally impressive BBQ Vegetable and Couscous Salad from this issue for a delicious vegetarian meal. As a serving alternative, remove the tofu and vegetables from the kebab after grilling and serve them over steamed rice.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “These were lovely and also very versatile. You could easily add other vegetables such as mushrooms or zucchini." - Kristen
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes + 2 hours marinating time
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
large mixing bowl
- tofu - 400g, firm, cubed
- onion - 1, red, peeled and cut into chunks
- capsicum - 2, cut into chunks
- fresh coriander - to garnish
- garlic cloves - 1, peeled
- ginger - 2cm piece, peeled
- lime juice - 20g
- yoghurt - 250g, natural
- garam masala - 1 tsp
- dried coriander - 1/2 tsp, ground
- chilli powder - 1/4 tsp, or more to taste
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Serving suggestions:
- rice - steamed
- Add the peeled garlic clove (1) and peeled ginger (2cm piece) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the lime juice (20g), natural yoghurt (250g), garam masala (1 tsp), ground coriander (1/2 tsp), chilli powder (1/4 tsp), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Add the cubed tofu (400g), peeled and chopped red onion (1), chopped capsicum (2) and marinade to a mixing bowl. Allow to marinate for 2 hours.
- Skewer the tofu and vegetables onto mini skewers.
- Fire up the BBQ to a medium to high heat.
- Cook the skewers over the BBQ, turning often, until the vegetables start to soften and the tofu has formed a golden crust. We have found that 5-7 minutes on one side and then 2-3 minutes on the other works well.
- Serve garnished with fresh coriander.
Make your own!
* Make your own garam masala with the Garam Masala recipe from The Spice Blends Bonus Issue.