Grilled Thai Chicken Breasts
We love easy recipes, and this definitely fits the bill! It doesn't get any easier than marinated meat grilled on the BBQ, teamed up with a salad. Looking for a vegetarian option? This marinade works well on tofu or vegetable slices. Simply marinade then grill on the BBQ.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This was a quick and easy way to make some tasty chicken to use in or alongside a salad." - Kirsty
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes + 2 hours overnight marinating time
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
Can be frozen before or after cooking
- chicken breasts - 4, sliced in half widthways
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- ginger - 5cm piece, peeled
- lemongrass - 3cm stalk, chopped
- fresh coriander - 4 Tbsp, leaves
- brown sugar - 40g
- lime juice - 40g
- olive oil - 50g
- Add the peeled garlic clove (1), peeled ginger (5cm piece), chopped lemongrass (3cm stalk), coriander leaves (4 Tbsp), brown sugar (40g), lime juice (40g) and olive oil (50g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 6 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 8 / 6 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Lay the chicken breast halves on a chopping board and cover in clingfilm. Use a mallet or the bottom of a bottle to tenderise the meat.
- Cover the halved chicken breasts (4) in marinade, then cover with clingfilm so that the meat isn't in contact with the air. Marinate for 2 hours (or overnight, if that is easier).
- Fire up the BBQ.
- Place each chicken breast onto a hot grill over medium to high heat. Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Slice and serve with a side salad.