Grilled Steaks with Blue Cheese Sauce
A good quality steak makes an easy yet delicious light dinner in the summer months. These grilled steaks are served with a super tasty blue cheese sauce and are ideal with a cold drink on a hot day. Serve alongside the Sweet Potato Salad.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A great complement to a steak that the whole family loved." - Cindy
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Serves 8 (sauce)
Cannot be frozen
- For each person:
- sirloin steak - 200g
- olive oil - 5g
- sea salt - 1/2 tsp, flakes
- pepper - 1/4 tsp, black
- Blue cheese sauce:
- spring onions - 2, roughly chopped
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- butter - 25g
- blue cheese - 125g
- double cream - 250g
- Preheat your BBQ to as hot as it can go.
- Brush each steak (200g) with oil (5g) all over and season with salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1/4 tsp).
Blue cheese sauce:
- Place the spring onions (2) and garlic clove (1) in the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the butter (25g) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 120C* / Speed 1.
- Add the blue cheese (125g) and cream (250g) to the bowl. Program 8 minutes / 80C / Speed 1.
- Meanwhile, fry the steaks on the hot grill until the desired doneness is reached. This should take between 4-6 minutes.
- Serve with the blue cheese sauce immediately.
* If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.