Grilled Pineapple with Tropical Sauce
This is a very simple dessert you can create in no time at all, and it is full of flavour. Why not try different fruits in addition to the pineapple, such as peaches and bananas? Blood orange and lime? The possibilities are endless! You can make the sauce ahead of time, place into a jar or bottle and take with you to make this super easy. Then all you have to do is grill the pineapple! It is particularly delicious when served with vanilla bean ice cream.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Refreshing, and the combination of hot and cold is fabulous. You could make the sauce ahead of time to create a really easy dessert." - Gail
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- pineapple - 1, peeled, cored and cut into 8 rounds
- ice cream - to serve, optional (*omit for DF)
- orange juice - 250g, fresh
- mango - 1, flesh only
- passionfruit - 2 Tbsp, pulp
- cornflour - 1 Tbsp
- water - 1 Tbsp, hot
- Grill slices of pineapple (1) over a hot grill. Cook them for 2 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Add the orange juice (250g) and mango (1) to the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 7 seconds.
- Add the passionfruit (2 Tbsp). Program 10 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Combine cornflour (1 Tbsp) and water (1 Tbsp) in a small bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the mixer bowl. Program 3 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Drizzle sauce over grilled pineapple and serve warm or cold. For an extra treat, serve with ice cream.