Grilled Moroccan Vegetable and Paneer Kebabs
BBQ season is not only for meat. These vegetable skewers are a very special treat for the whole family. They are marinated in a herb sauce to make this an aromatic feast for everyone. The paneer cheese adds a savoury edge to this dish and creates a delicious texture to present a great veggie option for the next BBQ meal.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "The end product was lovely and full of flavour." - Kylie
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 30 minutes + marinating time
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Makes approx. 16 kebabs
Cannot be frozen
- olive oil - 40g
- lemon juice - 45g
- garlic cloves - 2
- dried coriander - 1 tsp, ground
- cumin - 1/2 tsp, ground
- paprika - 1 tsp
- chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- salt flakes - 1/2 Tbsp, use less for fine salt
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, black
- fresh parsley - 1/2 bunch
- fresh coriander - 1/2 bunch
- mushrooms - 6
- capsicum - 1, yellow
- capsicum - 1, red
- eggplant - 1
- zucchini - 1
- paneer cheese - 300g (*or haloumi), consider making your own using the recipe in The Celebrations Issue
- For the marinade, place the olive oil (40g), lemon juice (45g), garlic (2), ground coriander (1 tsp), ground cumin (1/2 tsp), paprika (1 tsp), chilli powder (1/2 tsp), salt flakes (1/2 Tbsp), black pepper (1/2 tsp), fresh parsley (1/2 bunch) and coriander (1/2 bunch) into the bowl and blend Speed 10 / 3 seconds.
- Chop the vegetables into thick slices. Chop the paneer into cubes.
- Place the vegetables and cheese in a bowl and drizzle with the marinade. Cover with clingfilm and leave to marinate for at least 4 hours in the fridge.
- Fire up the BBQ or grill plate.
- Remove the vegetables and cheese from the fridge and thread them onto skewers.
- Grill them on the BBQ for 10 minutes, turning regularly until the vegetables are nicely charred.