Grilled Italian Open Sandwiches
How fantastic that you can enjoy these delicious Italian-style sandwiches from home! It's easy to imagine picking one up from a café or deli – but of course it's so much cheaper and more delicious to make them in your own kitchen. A perfect lunch for two.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This is a great idea for lunches or quick snacks. So yummy, and they can be easily adapted to suit other savoury toppings you have in the fridge." - Joy
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- bread - 2, focaccia rolls, halved (*can use GF rolls)
- prosciutto - 4 slices
- fresh basil - baby, leaves, to garnish
- capsicum - 100g, roasted, strips
- sun dried tomatoes - 100g
- fresh oregano - 1 Tbsp, leaves
- tomato paste - 25g
- Parmesan cheese - 50g, cubed
- mozzarella cheese - 50g, cubed
- Add the roasted capsicum strips (100g), sun dried tomatoes (100g), fresh oregano leaves (1 Tbsp), tomato paste (25g), cubed Parmesan cheese (50g) and cubed mozzarella cheese (50g) into the bowl. Pulse Closed Lid / Turbo / 2 x 1 second blasts.
- Lightly toast the halved focaccia rolls (2).
- Top with the capsicum mix.
- Place under a hot grill and grill for a few minutes until hot.
- Top with prosciutto slices (4 total) and baby basil leaves.
- Serve immediately.