Grilled Garlic and Ginger Salmon with Summer Green Salad
A delicate and light salmon recipe for the warmer months. The salad may look simple, but it is delicious and a great base for any salad recipe. Why not break the salmon up and dice some mango to add to the salad for a variation on this recipe?
Recipe Tester Feedback: “I really liked the garlic and ginger marinade. I thought at first that the salad dressing was too sweet, but when paired with the salmon it was a perfect match. Great for a relaxing Sunday lunch or a midweek dinner." - Nerine
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 5-10 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- salmon - 4 fillets
- olive oil
- garlic cloves - 4, large, peeled
- ginger - 5cm piece, peeled and halved
- olive oil - 30g
- lemon juice - 35g
- fresh thyme - 1 Tbsp, leaves
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp
- lettuce - 1 head, butter, leaves only and washed well
- mustard - 25g, wholegrain (*ensure GF if required)
- honey - 25g
- lemon juice - 20g
- olive oil - 50g
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, cracked black
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (4), peeled and halved ginger (5cm piece), olive oil (30g), lemon juice (35g), thyme leaves (1 Tbsp), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 8 seconds.
- Coat the salmon fillets (4) in marinade and allow to sit for 15 minutes whilst you prepare the salad.
Salad and assembly:
- Meanwhile, place all the butter lettuce leaves (from 1 head) into a large bowl.
- Add the wholegrain mustard (25g), honey (25g), lemon juice (20g), olive oil (50g), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) into the mixer bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 10 seconds.
- Pour the dressing over the lettuce and mix to combine.
- Fire up the BBQ. Place salmon skin side down and cook until crispy. Turn salmon over and cook on the other side until the salmon fillets are cooked to your liking.
- Serve salmon with side salad.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites