Grilled Corn Salad
Grilled corn is always a hit, and it's a regular for many at a BBQ. This is a great twist on an old favourite, shared with us by Tenina Holder from Cooking with Tenina. This marinade really takes the corn to the next level! Combined with fresh veggies like capsicum and cucumber, this salad is sure to impress. Serve these alongside the Portuguese Chicken Kebabs.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This was great! My kids love it." - Karien
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
basting brush or similar
large mixing bowl
- corn - 4, cobs, whole, husks removed
- capsicum - 1, diced
- cucumber - 1, diced
- cherry tomatoes - 250g, halved
- onion - 1/2, red, peeled and finely diced
- fresh coriander - 1/2 bunch, chopped
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- lime - 1, peel and juice only
- dried coriander - 1 tsp, seeds
- olive oil - 30g
- salt flakes - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, cracked, black
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2), lime peel (from 1 lime), lime juice (from 1 lime), coriander seeds (1 tsp), olive oil (30g), salt flakes (1 tsp) and cracked black pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 7 / 6 seconds.
- Brush the marinade over the whole corn cobs (4).
- Fire up the BBQ to a medium to high heat.
- Place the corn cobs onto the grill section of the BBQ. Grill the corn cobs, turning them every few minutes until they have chargrill marks and are cooked through.
- Allow the corn to cool, then cut the kernels from the cobs into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the diced capsicum (1), diced cucumber (1), halved cherry tomatoes (250g), peeled and diced red onion (1/2) and chopped fresh coriander (1/2 bunch) to the mixing bowl with the corn. Mix to combine.
- Serve immediately.