Grilled Cinnamon Peaches with Honey Mascarpone
Grilling fruit on the BBQ produces such a wonderful combination of flavours! The mascarpone cheese has a beautiful sweet cinnamon taste that complements the grilled peaches perfectly. Can't find peaches? Try using figs or pears instead!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Tasted absolutely delicious." - Profulla
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 10-15 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
large mixing bowl
- honey - 120g
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- cinnamon - 1 tsp
- peaches - 10, halved
- mascarpone cheese - 500g
- almonds - slivered, toasted, to serve (*omit for NF)
- figs - to replace peaches
- pear - to replace peaches
- Fire up the BBQ to a medium heat.
- Add the honey (120g), vanilla bean paste (1 tsp) and cinnamon (1 tsp) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 80C / Speed 2.
- While that is cooking, add the halved peaches (20 halves total) to a mixing bowl.
- Once the honey has finished cooking, drizzle some of the honey mixture over the top of the peaches. Do not use all the honey. Coat the peaches well and allow them to sit.
- From the remaining honey mixture, set aside approximately 2 dessertspoons for brushing the peaches while they cook.
- Now add the mascarpone cheese (500g) to the honey mixture left in the mixer bowl. Mix on Speed 6 until smooth. Transfer to the fridge.
- Place the peaches cut side down on the grill section of the BBQ. Grill for 2-3 minutes, until grill marks appear. Turn them over using tongs or a spatula and grill for another 2-3 minutes on the other side. Brush with the reserved honey mixture while they cook.
- Serve the peaches topped with a spoonful of the honey mascarpone and some toasted slivered almonds.