Grilled Chilli Lime Chicken
Fresh, flavoursome, quick and easy. This simple marinade is a great way to enjoy a healthy midweek meal. You can prepare this ahead of time by marinating the night before, but if you are running short on time you can also skip the marinating step.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Take a basic grilled chicken breast to a new level of taste with this quick and easy marinade. Great served hot or cold." - Annette
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes + 2 hours marinating time
Cooking Time 10-12 minutes
Can be frozen
You will need:
- garlic cloves - 4, peeled
- fresh coriander - 1-2 handfuls, washed and roughly chopped
- chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- salt flakes - 1 tsp
- olive oil - 30g, extra virgin
- lime - 1/2, juice only (approx. 20g lime juice), plus extra to garnish
- chicken breast - 600g, sliced in half widthways to make two thinner fillets
- Wash and dry the coriander to avoid any grittiness in the texture.
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (4) and fresh coriander (1-2 handfuls) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 7 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the chilli powder (1/2 tsp), salt flakes (1 tsp), extra virgin olive oil (30g) and lime juice (from 1/2 lime) to the bowl. Mix Speed 3 / 4 seconds.
- Pour this mixture over the chicken breasts (600g) and marinate for 2 hours.
- Heat the griddle pan over medium to high heat.
- Once heated, grill the marinated chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side (depending on the thickness of your chicken), or until cooked through. Dress with a little extra lime juice as you are serving.