Grilled Cajun Fish with Watermelon, Feta and Mint Salad
Making your own spice blends is so easy with the help of your thermo mixer. Combine the freshly grilled Cajun fish with our summery salad of watermelon, feta and mint for an easy yet impressive meal when you have guests for dinner. The family-friendly spice mix will do you for more than one meal, so you can experiment with other types of fish, or even chicken!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "When I read 'Cajun' my immediate thought was that the fish would be quite spicy but somehow the Cajun flavour is there without the 'bite', making this a family-friendly recipe. The seasoning is so simple to make and the added bonus is that there is plenty left to use on another day. The salad was fantastic too, who knew that those flavours would go so well together! It was lovely and bright and so tasty. I'll be making this dish again for sure." - Sue
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 8 minutes
Seasoned fish can be frozen before cooking
- white fish fillets - 4, boneless, of choice (i.e. Hoki, Ling or Basa)
- olive oil - for drizzling
- Cajun seasoning:
- dried onion flakes - 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder - 1/2 Tbsp
- salt - 2 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp
- paprika - 1 tsp
- chilli flakes - 1 tsp
- dried thyme - 2 tsp
- dried oregano - 2 tsp
- watermelon - 500g, cubed
- feta cheese - 50g, crumbled
- fresh mint - 10, leaves, shredded
- balsamic vinegar - drizzle, good quality , optional
- Place onion flakes (1 Tbsp), garlic powder (1/2 Tbsp), salt (2 tsp), pepper (1 tsp), paprika (1 tsp), chilli flakes (1 tsp) and thyme (2 tsp) in the mixer bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 30 seconds.
- Add the oregano (2 tsp) and combine Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Drizzle fish fillets (4) in olive oil and coat the top side of each fillet with the Cajun seasoning (or both sides if you like a little extra spice!)
- Store remaining seasoning in an airtight container for another time.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salad. Place watermelon (500g) onto a serving plate.
- Top with feta (50g) and mint leaves (10).
- Drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar to taste.
- Grill the fish on the BBQ over medium-high heat for a few minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Serve fish with salad.