Grilled Barramundi with Lemon Butter and Asparagus
A very budget friendly and easy meal to make on those nights when you just really don't want to cook. You can have dinner done and dusted in only 15 minutes. What a winner! If you have any leftover butter, you can pop it in the freezer to save even more effort the next time you go to cook this dish.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This dish just melts in your mouth – it's simple enough to cook on the busiest of nights." - Brea
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 5-10 minutes
Butter can be frozen
- barramundi fillets - 4, boneless, skin on
- asparagus - 2 bunches, stems removed
- lemon - 1, peel only
- garlic clove - 1, small, peeled
- fresh parsley - 1/2 bunch, chopped
- butter - 100g, unsalted, cubed
- salt - 1 tsp
- Add the lemon peel (from 1 lemon) and peeled garlic clove (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the chopped parsley (1/2 bunch) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the unsalted butter (100g) and salt (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 6 until combined well.
- Remove the butter from the bowl and roll it into a log.
- Wrap clingfilm around it and place into the fridge to cool.
- Fire up the BBQ.
- Place the fish fillets (4) skin side down on the BBQ. Add the asparagus (2 bunches) to the grill at the same time.
- Cook the fish for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve asparagus on the plate, topped with the grilled fish.
- Slice the butter into rounds and place on top of the fish. Allow the butter to melt over the fish and asparagus.