Green Vegetarian Curry
This delicious curry has been created by one of our amazing photographers, Arwen Genge – check out more of her recipes and photos at Arwen's Thermo Pics! This is a delicious mild curry that will suit the whole family. Why buy when you can replicate this popular dish at home.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Finally, the secret about green curry has been revealed. This is the first time I used the whole coriander plant – wow!" - Patricia
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 15-20 minutes
Cooking Time 35 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- ginger - 2cm piece, peeled
- fresh coriander - 1 bunch, including roots and stems
- vegetable stock - 25g, paste
- chilli - 3, large green, deseeded if desired
- peanut oil - 15g
- fish sauce - 20g, optional (*ensure GF if required)
- cumin - 1 heaped tsp, ground
- dried coriander - 1 heaped tsp, ground
- kaffir lime leaves - 3, fresh or frozen
- coconut cream - 400g, light
- sweet potato - 600g, pumpkin, carrot or potato, diced in 2cm cubes
- spinach - 100g, fresh leaves
- zucchini - 400g, or broccoli, peas or snow peas, cut into chunks
- chickpeas - 400g tin, drained and rinsed
- white rice - coconut rice or jasmine, to serve
- Add the peeled and halved onion (1), peeled garlic clove (1), peeled ginger (2cm piece), coriander leaves and stems (from 1 bunch), stock paste (25g) and deseeded chillies (3) to the bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 15 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the peanut oil (15g), fish sauce (20g, if using), ground cumin (1 heaped tsp) and ground coriander (1 heaped tsp) to the bowl. Program 4 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add the kaffir lime leaves (3), coconut cream (400g) and cubed hard vegetables (600g) to the bowl.
- Add the spinach leaves (100g) to an insulated server.
- Add the rest of the chopped soft vegetables (400g) to the steaming attachment – put any zucchini and broccoli in the lower dish and the snow peas and peas on the upper tray.
- Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Speed 1. Check the vegetables; if any are cooked, move them into the insulated server.
- Add the rinsed chickpeas (400g tin) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Speed 1, with the steaming attachment still in place, or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Add the mixture to the insulated server and stir to combine with the spinach.
- Serve with coconut rice or jasmine rice.
Make your own!
*Make your own stock paste with the Odds and Ends Stock Paste recipe from The Make Your Own Subscriber Bonus Issue.