Lettuce in a soup? Seriously? This green soup is full of ALL kinds of green, including lettuce. It was shared with Bec by her aunty, and she has loved it since her teenage years. If you, like us, often end up with unused lettuce in your fridge, this is a great way to use it up!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I was unconvinced that this would be nice, but it was actually pretty yummy! My husband and son thought it was great too. A sweet and hearty winter warmer with a nice citrus flavour." - Tamara
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 21 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, large, peeled and quartered
- curry powder - 1 tsp
- oil - 20g, or butter (*use oil for DF)
- apples - 2, large, granny smith, cored and quartered
- peas - 100g, frozen
- lettuce - 1/2 head, iceberg, roughly chopped
- vegetable stock - 15g, paste
- water - 500g, hot tap
- Add onion (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 5.5 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add curry powder (1 tsp) and oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Stirring Speed, measuring cap off.
- Add apples (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add peas (100g), lettuce (1/2 head), stock paste (15g) and hot water (500g) to the bowl. Program 15 minutes / 100C / Speed 1, measuring cap on.
- Gradually increase the speed to Speed 8 / 30 seconds, measuring cap on. Please read your machine’s user manual for correct method of safely blending soups as each machine varies.