Green Power Soup
This soup has been contributed by Fiona from Food 4 Thought. Not a huge fan of green smoothies, but an avid lover of soups, she wanted to come up with something that included kale whilst tasting delicious. She succeeded with this soup! It's also a great winter immune booster. You’ll feel healthier while you are eating it!
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Total Preparation Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
** we use stock pastes made with half the recommended salt
- Parmesan cheese - 25g, in cubes (*can omit if required)
- onion - 1/2, cut into quarters
- garlic clove - 1, large, peeled
- olive oil - 10g
- kale - 200g, washed and roughly chopped (leaves only, stalks removed)
- water - 300g, hot
- broccoli - 150g, cut into bite size florets
- peas - 150g, frozen
- vegetable stock - 25g / 1 Tbsp, paste**
- cream - 1 Tbsp (*can use coconut cream if required)
- Place cheese (25g) into the bowl. Grate Speed 7 / 10 seconds. Remove and set aside.
- Add onion (1/2) and garlic (1 clove) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (10g). Program 4 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add chopped kale (200g) and hot water (300g) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 100C / Stirring Speed.
- Add broccoli (150g), peas (150g) and stock (25g). Program 15 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add grated cheese (25g), herbs (handful) and cream (1 Tbsp).
- Blend by slowly turning to Speed 5 then increase speed and blitz Speed 8 / 30 seconds. Please read your machines user manual for correct method of safely blending soups as each machine varies.
- Check for seasoning and adjust as desired.