Green Machine Salad
Looking for a quick salad full of nutrition that you can make and enjoy, pronto? This is a great option! Creamy with avocado and crunchy with pine nuts and apple, it really has a great texture. Due to the cucumber it has a tendency to gain some liquid over time, so if you make it in the morning and transport to work for lunch simply drain any liquid off before eating.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- cucumber - 170g, approx. half, continental / telegraph
- apple - 1, medium, green, cored and quartered
- baby spinach - 80g
- pine nuts - 60g
- avocado - 1, small ripe
- olive oil - 5g
- lime - 1, juice only
- salt flakes - 1/2 tsp, pink
- pepper - freshly ground, black, to taste
- Slice the cucumber in half and scrape the cucumber seeds out with a spoon. See gallery images. Cut into chunks and use some paper towel to pat the cucumber and remove some liquid.
- Add cucumber pieces (170g) and apple (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 4 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides and chop further on Speed 4 if your preferred consistency has not been reached.
- Using a spatula, press into the mix to drain as much liquid as possible.
- Add spinach (80g), pine nuts (60g), avocado (1), olive oil (5g), lime juice (1), salt flakes