Green Eggs and Ham Slice
A subtle slice that is sure to impress in the lunchbox, but is also great as a light dinner served with salad. The pesto isn't overpowering, so you could use more if you want it to really come through. Who doesn't love pesto??
Recipe Tester Feedback: “If you are looking for a change to the traditional zucchini slice, this is it. The pesto adds a nice subtle flavor, and it's easy to make this gluten free, too." - Kylie
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes
Makes 12 slices
Can be frozen
- cheddar cheese - 100g, grated
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- onion - 1, peeled and roughly chopped
- fresh parsley - 1/4, small, bunch
- ham - 200g, roughly chopped
- pesto - 50g (*can use NF)
- eggs - 4
- milk - 40g
- plain flour - 100g (*can use GF)
- salad of choice - to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- If you need to grate your cheese, add the cheddar cheese (100g) to the bowl and grate Speed 7 / 5-10 seconds.
- To the grated cheese (100g), add the peeled garlic cloves (2), chopped onion (1), parsley (1/4 bunch) and chopped ham (200g). Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the pesto (50g), eggs (4), milk (40g) and plain flour (100g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 6 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the slice from the oven and allow it to cool completely before cutting into slices.
- Wrap and place into the lunchbox.