Green Curry Paste
If you tend to keep a jar of green curry paste in the fridge, try replacing it with this version that you can make yourself! Using fabulously fresh ingredients will lead to a fantastic flavour in your paste that will surpass that of store bought varieties. Use this as you would a standard jar of green curry paste.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A super easy paste to whip up and have in the freezer for an easy weeknight curry." - Lauren
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 15 minutes
Makes 4 portions
Can be frozen
You will need:
airtight jar or bottle
- garlic cloves - 6, peeled
- eschallots - 4, peeled
- lemongrass - 1 stalk, roughly chopped
- galangal - 4cm piece, peeled and halved
- chilli - 200g, Thai, green
- fresh coriander - 1/2 bunch, including washed roots, chopped
- lime - 2, juice only
- fish sauce - 1 tsp, *ensure GF if required
- shrimp paste - 1 tsp
- peanut oil - 30g
- kaffir lime leaves - 4, shredded
- dried coriander - 1 tsp, ground
- cumin - 1 tsp, seeds
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp, white
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (6), peeled eschallots (4), chopped lemongrass (1 stalk), peeled and halved galangal (4cm piece), Thai green chillies (200g), chopped fresh coriander (1/2 bunch), lime juice (from 2 limes), fish sauce (1 tsp), shrimp paste (1 tsp), peanut oil (30g), shredded kaffir lime leaves (4), ground coriander (1 tsp), cumin seeds (1 tsp), salt (1 tsp) and white pepper (1 tsp) to the bowl. Blend Speed 9 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 9 / 5 seconds until a paste is formed. It can be as chunky or smooth as you like.
- Store in an airtight jar or bottle for up to a week or divide into 4 portions and freeze until needed.