Greek Inspired Lentil Salad
This super salad is a great way to enjoy lentils with lots of flavour! Lentils are a great way to make a salad go further as they are so cost effective and filling. To stretch the salad even further, double the quantity of vegetables.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This was a tasty and filling side salad. A great vegetarian option to take to a party or BBQ. Would make again." - Kristen
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 20 minutes + 4-6 hours chilling time
Serves 8 as a side salad
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- lentils - 3 x 400g tins, brown, rinsed and drained
- cherry tomatoes - 400g, halved
- cucumber - 3, Lebanese, diced
- olives - 100g, Kalamata, sliced
- feta cheese - 200g, crumbled
- onion - 1, red, peeled and quartered
- fresh parsley - 1/2 bunch, leaves only, chopped
- lemon - 2, juice only
- olive oil - 30g
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp, cracked black
- Add the peeled and quartered red onion (1), chopped parsley (1/2 bunch), lemon juice (from 2 lemons), olive oil (30g), salt (1 tsp) and cracked black pepper (1 tsp) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the drained lentils (3 x 400g tins) to the bowl with the dressing still in the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 1 / 4 seconds.
- Remove and place into a large bowl, then cover with clingfilm.
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours to allow the flavours to develop.
- Before serving, add halved cherry tomatoes (400g), diced cucumbers (3) and sliced olives (100g) to the lentils. Mix to combine.
- Serve with crumbled feta (200g) over the top.