It may sound funny for us to call this 'Greek' Bruschetta, being that bruschetta originates from Italy, but the wonderful blend of flavours that the tomato, olive, cucumber and olive oil provide is worth breaking with tradition! You can buy pitted olives quite cheaply in bulk from the supermarket. Buy a big tub when you see it on special.
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Total Preparation Time 15 minutes
Can not be frozen
- onion - 1/2, red (100g)
- garlic clove - 1
- fresh basil - 3 stems, leaves only
- cucumber - 120g, deseeded
- olives - 50g, kalamata, pitted
- tomatoes - 150g, deseeded
- olive oil - 1Tbsp, plus extra to drizzle
- bread - 1 loaf (*can use GF)
- Add onion (100g), garlic clove (1) and basil leaves (from 3 stems) to bowl. Speed 5-6 / 2 seconds.
- Add deseeded tomatoes (150g), cucumber (120g) and olives (50g) to the bowl. Speed 5 / 2 Seconds.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Turn grill on high.
- Lay bread slices out over griller tray.
- Drizzle a little oil over the bread and grill for 1 minute. Remove from under grill.
- Place 1-2 Tablespoons of the topping onto the bread, drizzle with a little more olive oil and serve fresh.
- Consider serving these with the Classic(ish) and Ricotta & Honey Bruschettas, as pictured below.