Grain Free Pesto Cheese Crêpe Melts
Pesto? Cheese? Crêpes? Yummo. These are a great variation to wraps and are delicious in the lunchbox! We think they make for a really scrumptious weekend breakfast too!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A practical and versatile crêpe recipe with a tasty, melty cheese interior that happens to be gluten free." - Erika
Contains: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Makes 4 crêpes
Cannot be frozen
- butter - or oil, for frying
- cheddar cheese - 100g, grated
- fresh basil - 25g, leaves
- fresh parsley - 10g
- pine nuts - 20g, toasted (*omit for NF)
- olive oil - 40g
- salt - 2 tsp
- besan / chickpea flour - 70g
- tapioca starch - 90g
- xanthan gum - 1/4 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- egg - 1
- water - 240g
- If you need to grate your cheese, add cheddar cheese (100g) to the bowl and grate Speed 8 / 5-10 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the basil leaves (25g), parsley (10g) and toasted pine nuts (20g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 10 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the olive oil (40g) and salt (2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 3 / 10 seconds. If you can hear that the blades aren't touching the food, stop, scrape down sides and continue. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Add the besan (70g), tapioca starch (90g), xanthan gum (1/4 tsp), salt (1/2 tsp), egg (1) and water (240g) to the bowl. Blend Speed 6 / 20 seconds.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add the oil or butter and heat it until quite hot.
- Pour a little batter into the pan, then swirl the batter around the pan until a thin even layer is around the bottom.
- Allow to cook through. The edges should be a little crispy.
- Flip after 1-2 minutes.
- Spread some pesto over the middle of the crêpe and top with a little grated cheddar cheese (100g total).
- Fold one side over and continue to cook until the cheese has melted.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites