Grain Free Mandarin Cashew Cookies
These biscuits are a twist on our very popular Choc Orange Cookies from The Sweets Issue. Mandarins are a favourite in kiddies' lunchboxes during the cooler months of the year when they are available. Now you have a recipe to use up some of the peels!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I don't normally eat biscuits because the nice ones are always unhealthy (guilt) and the healthy ones are usually pretty bland (boring). We've found a WINNER! Healthy and tasty. Looks like I'll be making a lot of these! My happy place is alongside the fire with a cup of tea and two of these babies." - Sally-Ann
Contains: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 25 minutes
Cooking Time 12-15 minutes
Can be frozen
- xylitol - 100g, or sugar
- mandarins - 2, peel and juice only
- cashew nuts - 300g
- butter - 100g
- egg - 1
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the xylitol (100g) and mandarin peel (from 2 mandarins) to the bowl. Note that this should be either peeled off with a sharp peeler or a zester. Don't just throw the whole peel in! Grind Speed 10 / 15 seconds.
- Add the cashews (300g) to the bowl. Grind Speed 8 / 10 seconds.
- Add the butter (100g), egg (1) and mandarin juice (from 2 mandarins) to the bowl. Combine Speed 6 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides and around the blades.
- Blitz Speed 6 / 2 seconds.
- Add tablespoons of the mixture to the lined baking tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. They may still be a little soft when you remove them from the oven, but they will be more firm after cooling.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!