Grain Free Low Sugar Breakfast Bars
These breakfast bars are so handy to keep in the freezer for a breakfast to go. They are packed with nutrients and contain no dairy, refined sugar or gluten. Guilt free pleasures for home, work or on the run. They double as a great lunchbox treat for the kids as well as they have no nuts. Check out the bottom of the recipe for handy freezer tips.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is such a healthy and easy to make little go-to snack/breakfast. Can actually be eaten straight from the freezer as it doesn't freeze hard as a rock. Whole family enjoyed." - Sally-Ann
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Freezing Time 1 hour
Makes 8 bars
Can be frozen
- desiccated coconut - 100g
- banana - 1, overripe
- raisins - 100g
- currants - 100g
- chocolate chips - 200g, dairy free
- maple syrup - 50g
- coconut oil - 20g
- linseeds - 50g
- chia seeds - 20g
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper.
- Place the coconut (100g), banana (1), raisins (100g), currants (100g), chocolate chips (200g), maple syrup (50g), coconut oil (20g), linseeds (50g) and chia seeds (20g) in the bowl. Blitz Reverse+Speed 5 / 10 seconds.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking tin. Press down, then bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Leave to cool down, then refrigerate or freeze for at least 1 hour before slicing and enjoying.
- Freeze in individual portions in the freezer. It is best to wrap each bar in aluminium foil.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use, thaw as needed. No need to heat.