Grain Free Granola
This recipe for grain free granola has all my favourite things in it, and it is different from most granola recipes in that it has no honey or syrups to sweeten it – it just uses homemade applesauce. Perfectly delicious when I fancy something like 'cereal' for breakfast without the sugar load. If you prefer a sweeter taste, you can add some honey or maple syrup before blending in Step 4. This makes a lovely gift for your health conscious friends at Christmas, or a healthy breakfast on Christmas morning before the feasting begins! - Bec
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Yummy yummy in my tummy! I have friends who don't eat grains, and being a foodie who loves to make hampers for Christmas, I'm usually quite stumped as to what to make for them... well no more! This recipe has climbed to the top of their gift list!" - Claire
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 50 minutes
Can be frozen
- almonds - 250g, raw
- apples - 310g, cored and quartered (no need to peel)
- water - 50g
- macadamia nuts - 100g, halved
- sunflower kernels - 50g
- pepitas - 50g
- sesame seeds - 20g
- desiccated coconut - 50g
- currants - 65g
- Add almonds (250g) to the bowl. Chop Closed Lid / Turbo / 3 x 0.5 second blasts. Set aside.
- Add apple (310g) and water (50g) to bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 30 seconds.
- Program 6 minutes / 90C / Speed 4.
- Preheat oven to 150C. Line two baking dishes with baking paper.
- Blend apples. Program 1 minute / Speed 10.
- Add chopped almonds, macadamia nuts (100g), sunflower kernels (50g), pepitas (50g), sesame seeds (20g), coconut (50g) and currants (65g) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Spread mixture out onto 2 prepared dishes.
- Put into the oven, stirring mixture every 10 minutes for 45 minutes.
- Leave out to cool completely.
- Package into glass containers with gift labels. Best stored in the fridge to avoid any chance of mould forming in hot climates.