Grain Free Cumin Chickpea Crackers
As another twist on the humble cracker, this time we are going grain free by using chickpea flour, or besan. The addition of cumin makes for a yummy flavour profile that everyone will enjoy.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Really yummy! Roll them as thin as you can, and cook them till they are really crisp and golden for extra crunch!" - Ellen
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 15-18 minutes
Makes a lot!
Cannot be frozen
- water - 60g
- olive oil - 30g
- besan / chickpea flour - 130g
- garlic powder - 2 tsp
- dried onion flakes - 1 Tbsp
- cumin - 2 tsp, seeds
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp, cracked
- sesame seeds - chilli flakes or powder, optional
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the water (60g), oil (30g), besan (130g), garlic powder (2 tsp), onion flakes (1 Tbsp), cumin seeds (2 tsp), salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1 tsp) into the bowl. Mix on Speed 5 until combined and a dough forms. You will likely need to stop and scrape down sides a couple of times.
- Roll mixture between two sheets of baking paper until thin.
- Remove the top sheet of paper and place crackers onto the baking tray.
- Cut into rectangles and sprinkle with sesame seeds and / or some mild chilli flakes or powder.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cooked through and golden. You may need to remove some of the outer crackers early for the middle ones to cook through.
- Allow to cool and serve.