Grain Free Crackers
These crackers are so easy to whip up that you will be making them all the time. They are delicious on their own but even better when teamed up with a little of our Tangy Onion and Tomato Relish and your favourite cheese.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These crackers are very quick and easy to make. They are light and crunchy and can be served with dip, cheese or salsa. The fact that they are grain free makes them a good alternative for those who are gluten free or trying to lower their carb intake." - Sharree
No: Gluten / Dairy
Contains: Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Makes 20-30 crackers
Can be frozen
- almonds - 160g, whole
- dried onion flakes - 1 Tbsp
- Garlic granules - 1 tsp, ground
- salt - 1/2 tsp, rock
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, black
- sesame seeds - 2 Tbsp
- poppy seeds - 1.5 Tbsp
- egg - 1 x 70g
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place almonds (160g), onion flakes (1 Tbsp), garlic (1 tsp), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) into the bowl. Mix Speed 10 / 30 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add sesame seeds (2 Tbsp), poppy seeds (1.5 Tbsp) and egg (1) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Remove dough from bowl. Place dough between two sheets of baking paper and roll out to 0.5cm in thickness. Remove the top layer of baking paper and discard.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut the dough into crackers.
- Place the baking paper sheet and crackers onto a baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until brown. The outer crackers will cook faster, so you may wish to remove these from the oven earlier.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.