Grain Free Choc Peppermint Biscuits
Being grain free doesn't mean you have to miss out on biscuity goodness. Anything mint flavoured is a hit around the festive season. Make a batch and gift in a small gift box tied with ribbon. Be sure to add a card so they know what's inside and that they have been mixed with love.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A great chocolate mint treat for those who are grain free and / or low carb. However, they are so delicious that none of your friends will know that they are actually good for them." - Sharree
No: Gluten / Dairy
Contains: Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Can be frozen
- xylitol - 75g, or sugar
- macadamia nuts - 150g, raw
- cashew nuts - 150g, raw
- coconut oil - 90g
- egg - 1
- cacao powder - 30g
- peppermint essence - 1/2-1 tsp, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the xylitol (75g), macadamia nuts (150g) and cashews (150g) to the bowl. Grind Speed 8 / 10 seconds.
- Add the coconut oil (90g), egg (1), cacao powder (30g) and peppermint essence (1/2-1 tsp) to the bowl. Combine Speed 6 / 10 seconds.
- Add tablespoons of mixture to the prepared tray and transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. They may still be a little soft when you remove them from the oven, but they will be more firm after cooling. Allow biscuits to cool completely on the tray.
- Once cooled, prepare for gifting, store in an airtight container or serve.