Grain Free Banana Bread
A good banana bread can be hard to come by. Some don't have enough banana, some are too dry and sometimes, for me, there just isn't enough nuts. Well. This banana bread has been tailor made to suit how I like banana bread. In fact, this is my IDEAL banana bread. A bit of a nutty texture with the pecans, plenty of banana taste, a touch of cinnamon and not at all dry. I hope you'll love it as much as I do. And my family does. And my workmates do. Actually, I hope you'll love it as much as everyone else does! - Bec
This recipe was featured in Episode 106 of The 4 Blades podcast: Thermomix Banana Bread.
No: Gluten / Dairy
Contains: Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 45 minutes
Can be frozen
- pecans - 50g (*can be omitted for NF)
- coconut flour - 40g
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- bicarb soda - 1 tsp
- nutmeg - 1/2 tsp
- salt - pinch
- coconut oil - 100g
- rice malt syrup - 120g
- eggs - 4
- bananas - 2-3, small (approx. 300g with skin on), broken into halves
- coconut milk - 1/2 cup, (sitting in a jug or measuring cup, ready to go)
- Preheat oven to 170C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Get all ingredients out and ready on the bench.
- Add pecans (50g), coconut flour (40g), baking powder (1 tsp), bicarb soda (1 tsp), nutmeg (1/2 tsp) and salt (pinch) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 2 seconds. Set mixture aside in a bowl.
- Add whisk attachment. Add coconut oil (100g) and rice malt syrup (120g). Set at Speed 4, time counting up.
- After 1:30 minutes, add the following through the hole in the lid: eggs (4) one by one (crack into the mug or glass first so you don't ruin your banana bread if one is rotten), bananas (2-3), coconut milk (1/2 cup), then the flour nut mix. Stop as soon as combined. (In total, this took us 4 minutes).
- Pour into the loaf tin and bake in the oven for 45 minutes. If you like nuts, you can sprinkle some more pecans over the top of the batter. They will sink and you will find them throughout your banana bread!
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.