Grab and Go Omelettes
A great and versatile recipe that you can easily adjust based on what veggies you have on hand. You can grab it and go, or you could also serve with a salad for a light lunch or dinner. Really easy and tasty!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This was a lovely quick omelette that was very tasty." - Kirsty
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 18 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- spring onion - 2, roughly chopped
- bacon - 2 slices, roughly chopped
- mushrooms - 3
- capsicum - 1/2, green, roughly chopped
- cheese - 80g, cubed
- olive oil - 30g
- eggs - 4
- salt - pinch
- pepper - pinch, black
- water - 500g, boiling
- salad of choice - to serve, optional
- Line the steaming attachment upper tray with baking paper.
- Place the peeled garlic clove (1), chopped spring onions (2), chopped bacon (2 slices), mushrooms (3), chopped capsicum (1/2) and cubed cheese (80g) in the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the olive oil (30g) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 120C* / Speed 1.
- Add the eggs (4), salt (pinch) and pepper (pinch) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 3 / 10 seconds. Pour into the prepared steaming attachment.
- Rinse the bowl slightly, then fill with boiling water (500g). Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 15 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 1.
- When finished, remove the steaming attachment from your machine. You may wish to allow it to sit for a few minutes as the omelette will be very hot. Remove the omelette from the steaming attachment and peel off the baking paper. Slice in half widthways and place each half on a fresh sheet of baking paper.
- Using the baking paper to help you, gently roll each half into a log so you can eat on the run. Simply peel off the paper as you eat the omelette!
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.