Golden Veggie Mash
This golden recipe makes the most of your favourite golden veggies... and boy does it make a lot of mash! If you wish to serve less, you can divide the mixture in half and blend it all in one batch at the end of the recipe. That being said, it's a great recipe to make a big batch of and have on hand in the freezer as a yummy side dish.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “I loved this mash. It is totally delicious and visually pleasing, and it allows for leftovers." - Joy
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 30 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
You will need:
internal steaming basket
steaming attachment, lower dish and upper tray
- carrot - 400g, diced
- water - 500g, hot
- potato - 600g, peeled and cubed
- sweet potato - 600g, peeled and cubed
- pumpkin - 600g, peeled and cubed
- fresh chives - 1/2 bunch, roughly chopped
- fresh parsley - 1/4 bunch, leaves only, chopped
- butter - 100g, salted or DF spread
- mustard - 2 tsp, Dijon
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, cracked, black
- Add the diced carrots (400g) into the internal steaming basket. Set the basket into place. Fill the mixer bowl with hot water (500g).
- Add the peeled and cubed potatoes (600g), peeled and cubed sweet potato (600g) and peeled and cubed pumpkin (600g) to the steaming attachment lower dish and upper tray. Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 15 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Carefully remove the lid of the steaming attachment and stir the vegetables. Replace the lid. Program 15 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Set aside the steaming attachment and remove the lid, allowing the vegetables to cool slightly.
- Remove the water from the mixer bowl and dry the bowl.
- Add the chopped chives (1/2 bunch) and chopped parsley leaves (from 1/4 bunch) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the salted butter (100g), Dijon mustard (2 tsp), salt (1 tsp) and cracked black pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 4 seconds.
- Add steamed vegetables to the bowl until it is 3/4 full. Blend by gradually increasing the speed to Speed 6 / 10 seconds. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Repeat with remaining vegetables until they are all mashed and in the mixing bowl. Combine with a spoon. Season further if required.