Golden Syrup Nutmeg Biscuits
A beautiful dainty biscuit that's perfect for lunchboxes, afternoon tea or even as a gift. Try them as a gingerbread alternative this Christmas.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Absolutely will make again! Will be a great Christmas biscuit on a plate with golden shortbread." - Fiona
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 10-12 minutes
Makes 35 biscuits
Can be frozen
You will need:
- butter - 130g, cubed
- golden syrup - 100g
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- nutmeg - 2 tsp, ground
- egg - 1
- plain flour - 250g
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the cubed butter (130g) into the bowl. Mix on Speed 5 until slightly softened.
- Add golden syrup (100g), vanilla bean paste (1 tsp) and ground nutmeg (2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 30 seconds.
- Add the egg (1) to the bowl. Combine Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Add plain flour (250g) and baking powder (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 4 until well combined.
- Remove the dough from the bowl.
- Roll into 35 small balls. If you find the mixture is too soft to roll, place it into the fridge for 15-30 minutes to cool and firm up before rolling.
- Place the balls onto the prepared tray and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden in colour.
- Allow to cool completely before transferring to an airtight container.