Golden Brioche Buns
Another delicious bread recipe by Sophia Handschuh, the Thermomix Baking Blogger. Why buy brioche buns from the supermarket when you can make them at home with a handful of everyday ingredients? Serve these on your next burger night and really wow your guests!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “The buns are very easy to make, with a simple recipe to follow. They have a sweet taste to them, and the aroma when they are cooking is very inviting!" - Karissa
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 30 minutes + 2 hours 30 minutes rising time
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
Makes 6-8 buns
Can be frozen
- caster sugar - 50g
- milk - 220g, full fat
- yeast - 2 tsp, dry active
- butter - 80g, cubed
- plain flour - 500g, plus extra for dusting (*can use GF)
- egg - 1
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- Egg wash:
- egg - 1, whole
- If you need to make your own caster sugar, add sugar (50g) to the bowl and grind Speed 9 / 3 seconds.
- To the caster sugar (50g), add the full fat milk (220g) and dry active yeast (2 tsp) into the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 37C / Speed 2.
- Add, in this order, the cubed butter (80g), plain flour (500g), egg (1) and salt (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- Cover the dough with clingfilm and leave to rise for two hours. You can leave the dough to rise in the mixer bowl or you can transfer it to a lightly oiled mixing bowl if you prefer.
- Once risen, take the dough out of the bowl and place it onto a floured surface.
- Cut the dough into six even pieces and form balls. If you prefer smaller buns, divide the dough into 8 balls.
- Place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Cover with a tea towel and leave to rest for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Add a whole egg (1) into a small bowl. Whisk slightly.
- Uncover the tray. Brush the buns very gently with the egg wash.
- Bake for approx. 15-20 minutes until golden brown. They are done when you tap them and they sound hollow.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly before enjoying fresh.