This is actually my 'skeleton' stew recipe. That is, you can tweak the ingredients to suit the contents of your fridge. Pop in your meat and veggies of choice and watch as those veggies reduce into a delicious sauce and the meat cooks to perfection. It was a happy accident when I discovered that the thermo mixer could replace my slow cooker for my casserole needs! This is a super easy, nutritious and delicious dinner that will be ready in an hour. A perfect 'set and forget' recipe. - Bec
With only 60 minutes on the clock, how could it ever replace the deliciousness of tender meat that had been on low heat for hours? Pretty darn easy, it seems! It has been featured in the following podcasts:
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A super easy, tasty, hearty weeknight meal." - Tina
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour 4 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- chilli - 1, top removed
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- fresh parsley - handful
- olive oil - 30g
- diced lamb - 700g, can use beef
- pumpkin - 500g, diced (or use a mixture of pumpkin and sweet potato)
- tomatoes - 400g tin, crushed or diced
- vegetables of choice - 350g, diced (check out what you’ve got in your fridge)
- vegetable stock - 1 Tbsp, paste
- red wine - 100g
- Add onion (1), chilli (1), garlic clove (1) and parsley (handful) to the mixer bowl. Chop Speed 5.5 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (30g) to the bowl. Program 4 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add meat (700g), pumpkin (500g), tomatoes (400g tin), mixed veggies (350g), stock paste (1 Tbsp) and wine (100g). It should be a tight fit to start with. Put lid on and measuring cap on.
- Program 60 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Serve nice and hot. This stew reheats well after being in the fridge or freezer.