Gnocchi with Creamy Semi Dried Tomato and Pine Nut Sauce
Who doesn't love a big hot bowl of perfectly cooked gnocchi? Pair it with this tasty semi dried tomato and pine nut sauce and you have dinner on the table in 40 minutes. A recipe that takes little effort, looks impressive and tastes amazing!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This was lovely. The combination of herbs really helped with the tastiness, along with the Parmesan cheese and semi dried tomatoes. Yum. Loved it." -Erika
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- gnocchi - 500g (*can use GF / EF)
- baby spinach - 60g leaves
- Parmesan cheese - shaved, to garnish
- fresh basil - leaves, shredded, to garnish
- garlic cloves - 3, peeled
- butter - 20g
- semi dried tomatoes - 200g, in oil
- paprika - 1 tsp
- vegetable stock - 10g, paste
- water - 200g
- cream - 200g, pure
- Parmesan cheese - 80g, grated
- fresh thyme - 1 tsp, leaves
- fresh parsley - 1 tsp, chopped
- pine nuts - 80g, toasted
- If you need to grate your own cheese, add Parmesan cheese(80g) to the bowl. Grate Speed 8 /10 seconds. Set aside.
- Place garlic cloves (3) into bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add butter (20g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 110C* / Reverse+Speed 2.
- Add semi dried tomatoes (200g), paprika (1 tsp), stock paste (10g), water (200g), cream (200g), Parmesan cheese (80g), thyme (1 tsp), parsley (1 tsp) and pine nuts (60g only) to the bowl. Pulse Closed Lid / Turbo / 2 x 1 second blasts. Scrape down sides.
- Program 25 minutes / 90C / Reverse+Speed 2. Place internal steaming basket on top to prevent spatters.
- While the sauce is cooking, cook gnocchi (500g) according to packet directions. Once cooked, set aside in a bowl with the spinach (60g).
- Pour sauce over gnocchi and spinach. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve garnished with shaved Parmesan cheese, shredded basil and pine nuts (20g).
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.