Gluten Free Wraps
The cardboard-like unbendable tortillas have long been the bane of a gluten free existence. It's very hard to find delicious soft wraps! Well, until now! We were super excited to find this delicious (and easy!) recipe for gluten free tortillas from King Arthur Flour®, which we have converted for thermo mixers. The cooking process is an interesting one, and much easier to understand by watching Joe in the video below.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This recipe will now be a staple in our house. Tasty, soft, flexible wraps without gluten – who would have thought it possible. These are amazing and so quick to make!" - Kylie
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes + approximately 1 minute per wrap
Makes approx. 15 wraps, depending on size
Dough can be frozen
- besan / chickpea flour - 150g, or dried chickpeas
- plain flour - 210g, GF (we used a store-bought mix, Orgran™ brand)
- salt - 1 tsp
- xanthan gum - 1 tsp
- water - 210g
- oil - 25g
- egg - 1
- If using dried chickpeas (150g), add these to the bowl first. Program 1 minute / Speed 9.
- Add plain flour (210g), salt (1 tsp) and xanthan gum (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Closed Lid / Turbo / 4 x 1 second blasts. Scrape down sides.
- Add water (210g), oil (25g) and egg (1) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 20 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Program 1 minute / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- Due to the sticky nature of the gluten free dough, it is best to roll out the dough (1 dessertspoon per wrap) between two pieces of lightly oiled baking paper. We cook ours on a flat grill toasted sandwich maker.