Gluten Free Veggie Muffins
Whether you're gluten free or not, these are absolutely delicious and a great way to get some added veggies into the lunchbox. Cut these in half and fill with some cheese and ham for a tasty sandwich alternative.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A great recipe for school lunches and afternoon snacks. Has a high yield and anything that gets kids eating veggies is great!" - Tamara
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 25-35 minutes
Makes 20 small muffins
Can be frozen
- zucchini - 80g, roughly chopped
- carrot - 80g, roughly chopped
- broccoli - 80g, roughly chopped
- self raising flour - 300g, GF
- milk - 220g, choice of (*ensure DF if required)
- olive oil - 100g
- eggs - 2
- onion powder - 1 tsp
- garlic granules - 1/2 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, cracked
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line muffin tins with paper cases.
- Place zucchini (80g), carrot (80g) and broccoli (80g) into the bowl. Mix Speed 8 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add self raising flour (300g), milk (220g), oil (100g), eggs (2), onion powder (1 tsp), garlic granules (1/2 tsp), salt (1/2 tsp) and cracked pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 3-5 seconds until just combined. Do not overwork the mixture or it will lead to tough muffins.
- Spoon mixture into each muffin case. Fill 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for approximately 25-35 minutes depending on the size of your muffins.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from trays and placing onto wire cooling racks.