Gluten Free Toasted Muesli
This gluten free toasted muesli from Alyce Alexandra is far superior to the store-bought kind. Keep it stored in an airtight container in the fridge to keep nuts and seeds fresh. Quinoa flakes offer a gluten free alternative to oatmeal for breakfasts and baking. You can now purchase them from most supermarkets, but you can also find them in health food stores or order them online.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I love the toasted texture of this muesli. I like it with a bit of yoghurt and fresh strawberries if I have any in the fridge. Store-bought gluten free mueslis are just not the same. I went to a health shop and asked to see flaxseeds, quinoa flakes and goji berries... you live and learn! You can always experiment too with what you have in your pantry." - Marie
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Makes 1kg of muesli
Can be frozen
- cinnamon - 1 stick
- vanilla bean paste - 1
- almonds - 150g, raw
- macadamia nuts - 100g
- dried apricots - 100g, halved
- maple syrup - 100g
- coconut oil - 50g
- quinoa flakes - 150g
- brown rice - 150g, rolled
- sultanas - 100g
- pepitas - 100g
- coconut - 100g, flakes
- flaxseeds - 30g
- goji berries - 50g
- Preheat oven to 150C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place cinnamon stick (1) and vanilla bean (1) in the bowl. Mill Speed 9 / 20 seconds.
- Add almonds (150g), macadamia nuts (100g) and apricots (100g). Mix Closed Lid / Turbo / 3-6 x 1 second blasts, until roughly chopped.
- Add maple syrup (100g) and coconut oil (50g). Program 3 minutes / 50C / Reverse+Speed 2, or until melted.
- Add quinoa flakes (150g), rolled brown rice (150g), sultanas (100g), pumpkin seeds (100g), coconut flakes (100g) and flaxseeds (30g). Mix 30 seconds / 50C / Reverse+Speed 3, assisting with a spatula.
- Spread evenly across 2 lined baking trays. Toast in oven for 11 minutes, then mix and continue to toast for a further 7 minutes or until golden.
- Allow mixture to cool, then mix through goji berries (50g).
- Serve muesli with yoghurt, nut milk or fruit.