Gluten Free Scones
If you are gluten free, you shouldn't miss out! We find that when it comes to scones, it's not just as simple as substituting gluten free flour. It's also important to tweak the other quantities for a great end result. We have taken the guesswork out for you so that you can simply enjoy a yummy scone!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A perfectly light and delicious scone... better than its gluten sister!" - Heather
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Makes 10 scones
Can be frozen
- plain flour - 250g, gluten free , plus extra for dusting
- baking powder - 3 tsp, gluten free
- raw sugar - 1 Tbsp
- salt - pinch
- dairy free spread - 60g (*or butter)
- eggs - 2
- coconut milk - 150g (*or dairy milk)
- Preheat oven to 220C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add flour (250g), baking powder (3 tsp), sugar (1 Tbsp) and salt (pinch) to the bowl. Mix Speed 9 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add dairy free spread (60g). Mix Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Crack an egg (1 only) into a bowl and lightly beat with a fork.
- Put the bowl on the lid of your mixer and set your scales to zero. Weigh milk (150g) into the bowl. Set aside.
- Set to Closed Lid / Kneading Speed. Whilst kneading, slowly pour in egg and milk mixture. Stop as soon as combined.
- Lightly flour the bench and put dough onto the bench.
- Using hands, push out until approximately 2-3cm thick.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out the scones from the dough. Once you can’t cut any more shapes, re-roll the dough.
- Put onto the prepared baking tray.
- Brush with lightly beaten egg (1).
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, keeping an eye that they don’t burn.
Note: Particularly delicious served warm with butter.