Gluten Free Oven Baked Chicken
This is an easy recipe that is pretty healthy too. It is certainly more healthy than its take away alternative! Tip: make this, package it up and go for a drive to "pick up the take away"... see what the family thinks!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A nice twist on the roasted chicken drumstick – tasty with a bit of a crunch. I think it would also be great cold for a picnic or in lunchboxes." - Annie
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes + overnight soaking time
Cooking Time 50-60 minutes
Can be frozen
- chicken drumsticks - 1.5kg
- buttermilk - 500g
- olive oil - spray,
- plain flour - 150g, GF
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, black, ground
- salt flakes - 1.5 tsp
- dried onion flakes - 2 Tbsp
- garlic powder - 2 tsp
- dried oregano - 1 Tbsp
- dried parsley - 1 Tbsp
- Place chicken (1.5kg) and buttermilk (500g) into a large bowl. Cover with clingfilm and allow to sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Line a baking dish with baking paper.
- Add the GF plain flour (150g), pepper (1/2 tsp), salt flakes (1.5 tsp), onion flakes (2 Tbsp), garlic powder (2 tsp), oregano (1 Tbsp) and parsley (1 Tbsp) to the bowl. Blend Speed 10 / 30 seconds. Pour into a container or extra large snap lock bag.
- Add the chicken pieces to the container or bag and seal it. Shake well until they are all covered.
- Transfer the chicken pieces to the baking dish.
- Spray with olive oil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn the pieces over and bake for a further 20-30 minutes, or until cooked through.