Gluten Free Fresh Pasta
This gluten free pasta dough will give our gluten intolerant friends a beautiful fresh pasta that they likely will not have enjoyed for some time! It rolls out very well, and cooks beautifully. You can use this with the Puttanesca Meatballs or the Pumpkin & Goat's Cheese Agnolotti in this issue.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 40 minutes
Cooking Time 3-4 minutes if boiling
Makes about 350g of pasta
Dough can be frozen
- potato starch - 85g
- tapioca starch - 85g
- cornflour - 40g
- xanthan gum - 3 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- eggs - 3
- olive oil - 2 Tbsp
- plain flour - GF to roll out
- Add potato starch (85g), tapioca starch (85g), cornflour (40g), xanthan gum (3 tsp) and salt (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Blitz Closed Lid / Turbo / 3 x 1 second blasts.
- Add eggs (3) and oil (2 Tbsp). Mix Speed 6 / 10 seconds. It will look like little pellets of popcorn.
- Tip the pellets out onto a floured surface and knead into a ball.
- Break into 4-5 balls of dough.
- Either use a pasta machine to roll the dough out very thinly or use a rolling pin. We used a rolling pin. When using the rolling pin the finished product should be as thin as a piece of paper.
- You can use the dough or cut into strips and boil.