Gluten Free Chocolate Granola
Well now this may actually be my new favourite granola recipe. Serve this with milk for a crunchy milkshake bowl or alongside some delicious coconut yoghurt. This delicious, chocolate, crunchy goodness works on its own as a trail mix snack too! - Peta
Recipe Tester Feedback: "My husband was very pleased that he will have a tasty and healthy refined sugar free snack to munch on all day!" - Sally-Ann
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 30-40 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- quinoa flakes - 100g
- almonds - 100g, slivered
- cashew nuts - 100g
- macadamia nuts - 100g, halves
- coconut - 250g, shredded (or coconut flakes)
- sunflower kernels - 100g
- pepitas - 100g
- coconut oil - 40g
- maple syrup - 40g
- cacao powder - 1 Tbsp
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- Place quinoa (100g), almonds (100g), cashews (100g), macadamias (100g) coconut (250g), sunflower kernels (100g) and pepitas (100g) into a large bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place coconut oil (40g), maple syrup (40g), cacao powder (1 Tbsp) and vanilla (1 tsp) into the machine bowl. Melt 4 minutes / 60C / Speed 2. Pour liquid over the reserved nut and seed mix. Stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 160C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Pour granola onto the prepared trays and spread out into an even layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring often to avoid burning the edges. Please note that ovens do vary, so stay nearby and keep a close eye on your muesli so that it does not burn.
- Turn the oven off. Let granola dry out for several hours or overnight before storing in an airtight jar or container. Leave out in a nice jar for self-serving at your Easter brunch.