Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin Mug Cake
This is a cup of deliciousness. Tastes just like a scrumptious blueberry muffin minus all the work and cooking time. Add a scoop of ice cream and you have a quick and easy dessert that everyone will love – whether they need to be gluten free or not!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “It is a lovely, quick, tasty dessert for a cold wintery night. Quite filling and lovely served with cream." - Wendy
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 4 minutes
Cooking Time 2-4 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- self raising flour - 50g, GF
- sugar - 30g, or sweetener of choice
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- lemon juice - 15g, optional
- egg - 1
- milk - 40g
- olive oil - 20g
- blueberries - 50g, fresh or frozen
- Add the GF self raising flour (50g), sugar (30g), vanilla bean paste (1 tsp), lemon juice (15g, if using), egg (1), milk (40g) and olive oil (20g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the blueberries (50g) to the bowl. Stir gently with your spatula to combine.
- Pour into 2 greased mugs so that they are filled to the halfway mark.
- Microwave on Medium (approx. 900W) for 3 minutes. Allow to sit for 2 minutes. Every microwave does vary so you may need to trial this recipe to get the right timing. Alternatively, you may wish to cook these in an oven preheated to 180C for 8-10 minutes.
- Best consumed immediately whilst still warm.